story: This dish has its roots in Mongolia, where warriors, the so-called Tatars, used to eat raw meat.
It was in the early 20th century when French chefs started adding sauce to the meat and creating
today´s dish as we know it.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 500g minced beef filet
- 2 tbsps capers or/and 2 tbsps pickled cucumbers
- 2 tbsps Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsps of Ketchup
- 4 fresh egg yolks
- remove the meat from the fridge an hour before starting
- finely chop the onion and cucumbers
- add all ingredients into a bowl and mix well
- be generous with salt and pepper
- serve with toast and butter
- if you like it spicy add some fresh chilli or a few dashes of Tabasco
- add some finely chopped anchovies or Worchstershire, which also contains anchovies